Sunday, January 02, 2011

Day 1. Self portrait + ten facts

This picture is one of the only self-portraits I could find. (Not because I'm not self-involved, just because my self-involvement doesn't manifest n the form of self-portraiture.)

This is at Laurel Springs, California, after a puja in honour of Shakti.
I'm back at my room and all hopped up on the energy of it. Thus the pictures.
I don't usually have a bindi on my forehead.

Ten facts.
1. I like winter better than summer. Mostly due to the clothing of the season. I think it feels nice to be bundled up.
2. My favourite colour used to be violet, then yellow, then black, and I might full-circle it back to violet.
3. I am really bad at pop culture, even though I google a lot (A LOT) of stuff.
4. I like the idea of relaxing, but am not so good at it.
5. I empathize more with animals than with people (though I like/love people.)
6. My favourite time of the day is morning. I feel grey and sad if I sleep through too much of it.
7. I hate when my clothes smell like cooking.
8. I think it's so fun to make up recipes. When I just had an allergy test and found out my allergens, I was a tiny bit excited to make up recipes without them in it.
9. I think it's empowering to make things with my hands.
10. Yoga revived my heart a hundred million times.

No comments: