Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 38. Angles

Bonnie read this as 'angels' and I like angels at least as much as 'angles', so I'm with her on this one.

Here is a picture of a one-winged angel that sits on my front porch.
She used to have two wings, both made out of repossessed metal, just like the rest of her.
One day, one of the wings fell off with a heavy clank.

On the same day, another angel in my house threw itself off my bedside table, losing one of its wings in the process.

On the same day, an angel my mom had broke a wing too. She glued it back together and at first denied that it had happened.
I'm sure that a triplet of broken angel wings is a sign of some kind. I took it as a gentle hello (because besides the metal one, wings fall so softly), but I'm sure if I was smarter I would have translated it better.

I like this one with one wing.
Like she has temporarily fallen to the earth.
Just like we have.


No comments: